1. Health
Amber J. Tresca

Rolaids Antacids Being Recalled

By December 10, 2010

Another week, another recall of a consumer product! This time it's Rolaids, from McNeil Consumer Healthcare, a division of Johnson & Johnson. This last recall is one of 40 that have plagued the company so far this year. More than 13 million packages of Rolaids are being voluntarily recalled in the United States.

The products being recalled are Rolaids Extra Strength Softchews, Rolaids Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, and Rolaids Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews. Some consumers reported finding metal and wood particles in the antacids, which may have been introduced at a third party manufacturer. While McNeil notes that the chances of becoming ill from the products are "remote," they are offering a refund and have discontinued making them.

You can find out if you have one of the products by checking the Rolaids web site. If you do have one of the products being recalled, you should discontinue using it and contact McNeil Consumer Healthcare at their web site or by calling 1-888-222-6036 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time, and Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time).

Comments
April 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm
(1) CAROL says:

I’LL BE GLAD WHEN ROLAIDS ARE BACK ON THE MARKET, I HATE TUMS THEY TASTE LIKE CHALK AND MYLANTA MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH SO HURRY UP AND PUT THEM BACK.

June 4, 2011 at 11:41 am
(2) Bonnie C. says:

when are they going to put the Rolaid Softchews back on the market. Only one that works for me and would really like them to clean up and get back to putting them on the shelves…asap

June 4, 2011 at 1:01 pm
(3) ibdcrohns says:

That’s a good question, and I don’t see the answer on their web site. You could try calling McNeil Consumer Healthcare at 1-800-223-0182. Maybe you can ask them for a coupon or free sample for your trouble!

June 23, 2011 at 6:50 pm
(4) NORMA says:

Nothing works like rolaids soft chews on myself and friends they could count on that I’d have some in my purse. Please fix the problem and get them back on the sheves!!

July 10, 2011 at 10:14 pm
(5) Susan Steele says:

I TOTALLY AGREE ,, I HATE TUMS THEY TASTE GROSS AND ARE CHALKY.. WHEN WILL ROLAIDS BE BACK? I LIKED THE ONE THAT HAD THE ANTI-GAS IN IT!

August 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm
(6) Judy says:

PLEASE BRING ROLAIDS BACK!!!!! My stomach can’t handle Tums.. They taste gross, and don’t help at all.

August 28, 2011 at 11:04 am
(7) Stepha says:

I miss the subtle, pepermint flavor & fine texture of the original chewable Rolaids. I find they work better, taste better & have a better texture than any other antacid I know of. PLEASE bring them back! I’ve been “milking” the last bottle I have. HURRY!

Seriously; are Rolaids ever coming back?

September 12, 2011 at 6:28 pm
(8) Rich says:

I AGREE, Tums don’t work. Why do they make junk like this? They don’t work, they dont work, they don’t work. One Rolaid and I’m good to go. Bring them back PLEASE.

October 16, 2011 at 7:47 pm
(9) Joan Cahlstadt says:

Are Rolaids ever coming back?? I have one left
of the original which really do the job. Please
bring them back to the store shelves.

November 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm
(10) Bill K. says:

Please bring Rolaids back, its been about a year since they disappeared from store shelves. Tums taste awful & are not as effective as Rolaids.

November 12, 2011 at 3:17 am
(11) LMS says:

Rolaids anti-gas is the one that works for me, any other is a waste of funds.

November 22, 2011 at 3:01 pm
(12) dara howell says:

“YESSSSS PLEASE” Bring “Rolaids” BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing works like ROLAIDS!!!!!!!!

December 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm
(13) Grant says:

I agree with all the other comments, Tums have never done a thing for my dad or myself.

December 28, 2011 at 8:50 pm
(14) wilma burbank says:

When are Rolaids going to be put back on the market?

December 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm
(15) joseph d. says:

TIMES UP ROLAIDS!!!! BRING EM BACK ASAP!!! HELP!!

May 31, 2012 at 6:02 pm
(16) amanda mantha says:

i need rolaids. i hate tumbs and am pregnant. the rolaids i have i cherish every one becuase they could be the last ones.!!!! please bring them back. i will buy asap.

July 18, 2012 at 6:08 pm
(17) David Chester says:

LOYAL USER for over 35 years, we deserve better ran out a year or so ago. WHEN WILL HELP ARRIVE ??????

August 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm
(18) jackie says:

I just took my very last roalids soft chews, unknowingly that they had been removed from the shelves. =( Everything else just makes my reflux WORSE, tablets or liquid! Rolaids soft chews were an answer to prayer! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!! You have an awesome product which is evidenced by the other comments!

January 20, 2013 at 8:42 pm
(19) Edith Fletcher says:

I guess I live in a bubble…I did not know that they had been recalled ifn 2010. I have looked for years for them and asked a lot of people but know one seemed to know what happened to them. I have had a bottle in my purse for years (I mean years). Late last night I took the last two I had….they worked after being in my purse for at least 4 years. I also HATE Tums. I hope Johnson & Johnson hurries!

August 12, 2013 at 9:09 am
(20) Fred McClintock says:

I also can’t stand tums. They taste awful and leave the taste in your mouth forever.