For only the second year, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) is sponsoring a Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week! Resolution 199 passed in the United States Senate designates the week of December 1, 2012 through December 7, 2012 as "Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week." The CCFA is asking us to take this week to raise awareness by:
- Write to your House Representatives and encourage them to join the Crohn’s and Colitis Caucus, http://capwiz.com/ccfa/home/.
- “Like” the CCFA on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ccfafb) and follow the Foundation on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ccfa).
- Changing your Facebook status to: I’m supporting Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness week and you should too! To learn more, see http://ccfa.org/awareness.
- Use the #CCFAawarenessweek tag on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Change your profile picture to the CCFA logo, which you can download here
- Download the CCFA Awareness Week Poster
- Reach out to anyone you know with IBD and let them know you care.
- Download the Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week Press Release.
- Visit www.ccfa.org to learn more about IBD.
The bill was sponsored by Senators Richard Burr (R - NC), Maria Cantwell (D - WA), Thad Cochran (R - MS), Dianne Feinstein (D - CA), Kirsten E Gillibrand (D - NY), Patty Murray (D - WA), Jack Reed (D - RI), Harry Reid (D - NV), and Charles E. Schumer (D - NY).